Housing and relocation.
This is a full-time position in Lisbon – Portugal. As a concept artist, you will participate in the development, refinement, and communication of the artistic vision of a stylized game. You will work within the stylistic boundaries set by the Art Director and staff to create character concepts, props, and environments. You will work in an environment with people passionate about creating remarkable works of art. You must accept constructive criticism very well and complete tasks within the allotted deadlines. Having a portfolio in VFX for games is critical. Having a portfolio is essential.
- Be a skilled concept artist familiar with workflows in the gaming industry;
- Good understanding of human and animal form and anatomy;
- Common sense for light, tone, shape, and palette;
- Be skilled in traditional means of painting and illustration;
- Be organized and able to create efficient workflows and processes;
- Ability to adapt to a game’s art style and have the passion for taking it to the next level;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience with the digital painting of volumetric shapes and differentiation of materials in an isometric and orthographic view;
- Exceptional creativity and a solid commitment to projects;
- Good communication skills – able to help others and ask for help when needed. Be proactive in sharing information and assets;
- Deadline-oriented – able to manage and organize work so that it meets all deadlines and can adjust when changes happen.
- Bachelor’s degree in art or similar;
- Strong foundation in traditional art;
- Passion for gore, grotesque and bizarre, without mental or emotional barriers;
- Experience in illustrating Body Horror, Weird Fiction, and Dark Fantasy (examples: artstation.com/darkcloud/likes);
- Experience in a similar position;
- PASSION IN CREATING GAMES and game services.
- Concept and character design;
- Driving ideas from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration;
- Creation of high-quality striking characters in collaboration with other artists on the team;
- Work with other art disciplines to create efficient solutions for building the appearance of a character/creature and its visual effects;
- Maintain the production pipeline and meet deadlines;
- Follow the guidelines and maintain a consistent style;
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
The selection process must go through a practical test and interview.
- Housing allowance (for newcomers);
- Flexible hours (entry and departure) suited to your needs;
- Office with easy access;
- Freedom to propose new activities, processes, and methodologies;
- Relaxed atmosphere (and dress code).
Dark Cloud Games, located in Lisbon, is a game developer. We are a versatile and very dynamic team. The working environment is pleasant and relaxed. If you fit this profile, then send us your CV.
Send resume to: GAMESDARKCLOUD@GMAIL.COM